Print Correction Save

Returning to work

Returning to work or finding a new job can be a problem for someone who is recovering from mental illness. You could ask your care manager, community psychiatric nurse or other professional worker in the mental health services, to refer you to the Disability Employment Adviser (DEA) at one of the Employment Service Job Centres in the area. (Self-referrals are not normally accepted.)

To contact your local job centre please visit your local Job Centre Plus:


Related Information

Related Factsheets

Service Definitions

Services providing advice and information relating to all aspects of mental health.
Vocational services which provide education and training related to gaining employment.

Quick Poll

How useful did you find the directory today?