The Carers Information Service provides information, advice and support for carers living in, or caring for someone who lives in, the London Borough of Croydon. We run the Carers Support Centre, a drop-in advice and support centre for carers in Croydon town centre.
Am I a carer?
A carer provides unpaid, informal support to a family member, friend or neighbour who needs help due to illness, disability or old age. There are an estimated over 33,000 carers in the London Borough of Croydon alone.
How we help carers in Croydon
• Drop-in information, advice and support from an advice worker at the Carers Support Centre (Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm)
• An information and advice service
• Free training and workshops
• Regular advice surgeries at the Carers Support Centre
• Casework support for carers with more complex situations
• Emergency Carers Cards to give carers peace of mind
• Wellbeing and social events including massage, singing, dance, book discussion and craft sessions
• Local discounts for carers who join the Carers Support Centre for free
• Publications for carers and professionals who support them, including the How To... A Guide for Carers in Croydon factsheet series
• Quarterly newsletter and regular ebulletin to help you stay up-to-date with the latest news and events
• Special events for carers including the annual Carers' Information Day and Carers Week
• Offer Radar keys for disabled toilet access for £3 at the Carers Support Centre
Carers Information Service , 24 George Street, Croydon , Surrey, CR0 1PB
Carers must live in Croydon or care for someone living in the borough.
020 8649 9339, option 1
Mon-Fri 10am - 4pm
Who is it for:
Carers and the professionals working with them.
Ground floor only
How to apply:
Phone, Email, Drop-In