Who we are:
Off The Record is a Croydon-based agency providing free support to children and young people. We were set up in 1994 to help young people going through tough times.
What we do:
At Off The Record we provide a range of free, friendly and accessible support services for young people aged 14-25 who live, work or study in the Borough of Croydon, including:
Counselling: a confidential service for young people in Croydon.
Compass: a specialist service providing support to young people who are refugees, asylum seekers and forced migrants.
Young Carers Project: free help, support and information for young people aged 7-25 caring for a family member.
Workshops: a series of relaxed and informal groups for young people aged 14-25 to explore different issues they are facing in their lives.
SkyLine Support Services: free online counselling and workshops to young people aged 14-25 in Croydon and Sutton.
Jump Start: a new service offering free counselling to young people aged 11-21 who live, work or study in Sutton.
Community Development Work: supporting the Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) community to develop mental health services
What We Believe:
Our vision is that we believe that everyone has strengths, abilities and talents within them. We want children and young people who are vulnerable or struggling to be empowered to use these resources to meet life's challenges.
We believe that all Children and Young People:
* Have a right to be respected and valued whoever they are.
* Have a right to make choices and decisions about their own lives.
* Have the potential to live a vibrant and fulfilling life.
Children and Young People can expect us to:
* Keep things private and respect your confidentiality.
* Listen to you in a way that is helpful and supportive.
* Work hard to earn your trust rather than expect it.
* Respect and understand your wishes and beliefs.
* Be clear, honest and friendly.
* Give you as much choice as we can.
* Actively work together with you, rather than telling you how it is.
* Support and challenge you to be the best that you can be.
Off the Record Croydon, 72 Queens Road , Croydon , Surrey, CR0 2PR
London Borough of Croydon
9.30am - 5pm Mon to Fri
Who is it for:
Young People aged 14-25 yrs living, working or studying in Croydon Borough
English, Portuguese, Norwegian, Japanese. Other interpreters available through the Compass project.
Disabled Access & disabled toilet facilities.
How to apply:
Self referral only, telephone 020 8251 0251
60, 64, 109, 198, 250, 289, 450