Is someone you know living with dementia?
We know that sometimes it isn't easy - we take time getting to know the person, and their life stories - so we can support them in the way that is best for them. Over time we work to build lost confidence and work at people's own pace to help them retain as much independence as possible.
The Avenues Group supports people with dementia and their family carers, in their own homes and in their local communities.
Our specialist trained dementia support workers help people retain as much independence as possible. From as little as half an hour, to 24/7 support, we plan our vists around your lives. Some of the areas of support we can offer are:
• Helping people to maintain life skills – things like cooking, money management that help people stay independent
• Meaningful activities such as volunteering, walking their dog etc
• Support to family carers (respite visits)
• Personal care
• Biographical / life story work
• Memory and reminiscence work
• Advance Care Planning which means supporting people with dementia to make decisions about their future while they still have the capacity to do so. We can record their wishes and whilst not legally binding, can support relatives to make decisions about them when they have lost the capacity
• Monitoring changes in someone’s condition
• Supporting dual diagnosis (where someone may have more than one condition)
River House, 1 Maidstone Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 5TA
The Avenues Trust Group
9am - 5pm weekdays (excluding bank holidays)
We aim to answer all email enquiries within 2 working days
How to apply:
Call or email