Print Correction Save

Complaints and Suggestions

The Social Services Department's procedure for making complaints and suggestions is set out in a leaflet covering Complaints and Suggestions. If English is not your first language, you can obtain a translation into Chinese, Bengali, Somali, Urdu, Hindi, Gujerati, Punjabi, Arabic, Tamil or French from the Initial Contact Service at your nearest Social Services office by contacting:

There is a user complaints officer who is responsible for making sure the procedure works, helping users to make their suggestions or complaints, and ensuring that complaints are looked at fairly and within agreed timescales.

Health Services
If you wish to make a complaint or suggestion about the mental health services, you should contact: The Chief Executive of SLAM NHS Trust, Trust HQ, The Tower Building, 9th Floor, 11 York Road, London SE1 7NX.

If you wish to make a complaint about the family health services (GPs, dentists, chemists and opticians), contact the Practice Manager at the surgery or practice to see if your complaint can be resolved locally. Otherwise contact your local Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) or NHS England.  Local CCG's can be found on the NHS website at and NHS England can be contacted by post on NHS England, P O Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT, by phone on 0300 311 22 33 or email on


Related Information

Related Factsheets

Service Definitions

Services offered to those who may require an advocate. An advocate is a person who can support a service user or carer through their contact with health services. Advocates will attend meetings with patients and help service users or carers to express concerns or wishes to health care professionals. Although many people can act as an advocate (friend, relative, member of staff) there are advocacy services available that can be accessed through the Trust.These advocates are trained and independent.

Quick Poll

How useful did you find the directory today?