Roundabout conducts long-term, short-term and individual dramatherapy projects with a range of clients. We work with individuals and groups of all ages. Dramatherapy involves verbal and non-verbal work and makes use of a wide range of theatrical and dramatic techniques, such as story-telling, story-making and enactment, improvisation, role-play, mime, puppets, movement, music and voice work.
The general aims of Roundabout’s dramatherapy sessions include:
• Building trusting relationships
• Expressing and exploring feelings
• Developing social interaction skills
• Developing artistic and creative skills
• Improving self-image and self-confidence
• Working with the imagination
• Creating opportunities and skills for self-advocacy
• Having fun
We also run staff workshop’s prior to starting projects and inset training for staff in schools.
Roundabout - Cornerstone House, 14 Willis Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 2XX
Who is it for:
We offer our service to anyone who wishes to enhance their mental health and emotional well-being.